martes, 3 de junio de 2014

Interview of Patricia de Vera, internship in Sport and Cooperation Network

Sport & Cooperation Network has had the privilege of having Patricia Vera McMullan as internship in the headquarter of our organization in Madrid, during the year 2013 - 2014. Patricia has worked with us, as a result of the internship partnership of our organization with the Master of International Cooperation of the Pontifical University of Comillas. We interviewed Patricia in order to exchange impressions of her stay with us:

How did you learn about Sport & Cooperation Network?
When I commenced the Master, Sport & Cooperation Network was listed as one of the options to undertake the course. When I researched information through their website about what they did I did not hesitate in applying for the internship, given that it provided me the opportunity to carry out my two passions: cooperation and sport.

What did you like the most about your internship in Sport & Cooperation Network?
What I liked the most is the possibility of being able to learn from all the departments: international projects , awareness , accounting ... I had the opportunity to see how an NGO works within and gain experience for my professional future. Furthermore, the multiculturalism of all in Sport & Cooperation Network allowed me to practice languages and meet people from other parts of the world.
 
What did you expect and what has been accomplished?
I started insecure since it had only been one month since I started my Master and I felt that I could not help out much, but eventually I developed new knowledge and with the help of the whole team I think I have much more training and knowledge to develop my career in cooperation.
 
What did you think of the working environment and the organization?
The working environment is very good, there are usually many volunteers coming and going, therefore I met many people, which was very rewarding. Teamwork is very important. I also had the opportunity to engage some of my friends in activities such as the organization of the solidarity hockey event that collaborated with the children, the market and boosting youth groups.
 
For what reason do you think you would recommend Sport & Cooperation Network for internships?
Because you learn a lot from all areas related to cooperation, both internationally and nationally with respect to Spain through the area of awareness. Further more, the working environment and team work is very good, and there is a lot of willingness to strive forward in such a bad situation for NGOs like the one we are living now. 
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario